Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dear Donofdc

As I have previously mentioned, an individual who goes by 'thedonofdc' has been blogging on blogspot without the understanding that he is in fact not the don of dc. It could be that his blogging days are over since his last post came this past July, but I do not think he understands what it means to be 'the don.' It is not something that can be used lightly as a joke or a way to promote your blog. You must truly be The Don.

I donned this name years ago, as a college student who realized the true potential of such a glorious name, a name that people would know and never forget. Some may say I'm going too far by calling this impostor out, I would say that I'm not going far enough. This is about pride, passion and the American Dream.

I say to you sir, relinquish your title.

1 comment:

Don said...

Dear "Don" (yet not named Don),

As I regularly do google searches to find out what is said about me, I recently found your blog post complaining about me. That's right, I'm the real "Don of DC". Not that I feel any particular need to answer to a late arriving imposter, but just to clarify my position as to why I am the original, I will give you a few explanatory notes:

1) Don is more than my title. It also happens to be my name.

2) As anyone with the name "Don" will tell you, the name comes along with many standard nicknames. "The Don" is one of the most common.

3) My name, Don Cordell, is very similar to Don Corleone, perhaps the most famous "Don" of them all.

4) I am of Italian descent.

5) Since I was born, I have always lived in a home (including college apartments) with another person who has lived in Italy for at least 2 years.

6) I'm from New Jersey

That should explain my obvious claim on "The Don". Now onto the DC part.

1) I live in Washington DC

2) DC also happens to be my initials.

As the above evidence clearly shows, I have not only a time advantage on you (I did get the website first) but also naming supremacy as "The Don of DC" clearly fits me much more than you. I hope this message serves to clarify my position and discourage you from further fallacious online claims.

Sincerely,
Don Cordell
The Original "Don of DC"